Look no further! There are tons of places hosting fall festivals and trick or treating events this weekend. Here are a few that we've found:
1. Local neighborhoods: Take a stroll through your own neighborhood and enjoy the festive decorations. It's a great way to connect with your community and meet your neighbors.
2. Downtown Main Streets: Both the City of Bastrop and the City of Smithville organize trick or treating events where stores hand out candy to little ones. It's a safe and convenient option, and lets you explore downtown.
3. Churches: Some churches have special Halloween events with trunk or treating included. Check out your local churches to see if they have any spooky festivities planned. (these are normally open to the public and you don't have to be a member)
4. Community centers: Keep an eye out for community centers or recreation centers in your area that may be hosting Halloween events. They often have activities like trick or treating, costume contests, and games for kids.
5. Restaurants: You would be surprised to know how many restaurants host their own events. Some have adult only parties during the evening while others have family friends events throughout the day. Check in with your favorite local restaurant to see what festivities they may have planned.
Remember to prioritize safety while trick or treating. Make sure your child has a flashlight or a glow stick to light their way, and consider using a backpack to carry all the candy and essentials. Stay hydrated by bringing along some water, and most importantly, have a blast creating lasting memories with your little ones. Happy Halloween!